Tennessee Baptist/Baptist and Reflector Digital Project
The Tennessee Baptist and its successors served as the Baptist newspaper for Tennessee for most of the 19th century. The Baptist newspaper was not published for the years 1840-1843 and 1863-1866. The Tennessee Baptist went through several name changes in its 19th century history and in 1889 changed its name to Baptist and Reflector, the newspapers’ name as of 2012. The Tennessee Baptist was usually a weekly newspaper.
The Tennessee Baptist/Baptist and Reflector Digital Project is a project of the Southern Baptist Historical Library and Archives and the Tennessee Baptist Historical Society. Grateful thanks are given to the Baptist Bookshelf in Nappanee, Indiana for permission to use their scans of many of the pages in the 19th century portion of this project. Thanks are also given to Albert Wardin for his tireless pursuit of this project for students of Tennessee Baptist and Southern Baptist history.
Users of this digital project should be aware that the condition ofthe originals and microfilm determined the readability and search ability of the newspapers. The staff of the Southern Baptist Historical Library has worked hard to provide the best copy available for this digital project.
We are working on a full text search of the archive, but in the meantime, feel free to browse the archive.