Southern Baptist work in the Pennsylvania-South Jersey area began in 1957 as Southern Baptist families came together in their homes to study the Bible. The first church was constituted in 1958. The early churches in the western part of Pennsylvania and in the southern part of New Jersey cooperated through the Baptist Convention of Maryland, and became part of the Northeastern Baptist Association and Northeastern Baptist Fellowship.
In 1963, the Northeastern Baptist Fellowship voted to look toward the establishment of three state conventions in the northeast. The churches of Pennsylvania and the southern part of New Jersey formed the Pennsylvania-South Jersey Baptist Fellowship. They held annual meetings until October 3-4, 1969, when a constitution and bylaws were adopted, and the date of October 2-3, 1970, was set for the constitution of the Baptist Convention of Pennsylvania-South Jersey in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The new convention, with approximately 90 churches and chapels and 10,000 members working in three associations, became the 32nd state convention to be affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
The Convention’s annual normally includes the constitution and bylaws, Convention proceedings, directories, executive board and BCP-SJ department reports, financial statements and budgets, and statistical and historical tables. The annuals are any word searchable.