Frontier Baptist News was a monthly publication started in 1958 in Buffalo, New York. The publication was a report of Southern Baptist activity in western New York and Pennsylvania, jointly sponsored by the State Convention of Baptists in Ohio and the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. Arthur L. Walker, area missionary with the Home Mission Board, served as editor from 1958-1961. Charles E. Magruder succeeded Walker as area missionary and served as the publication’s editor beginning in 1962. Frontier Baptist News described the early activities of the Frontier Baptist Association, organized in September, 1958, with three churches in western New York and two churches in northwestern Pennsylvania. The publication later incorporated news from adjoining Baptist associations in the area. The word “frontier” was inspired by the prevalent use of the term in western New York and along the Canadian border near Niagara Falls. The term was also thought appropriate since the area was one of the newest Southern Baptist frontiers in the late 1950s. The publication normally included editorials; area missionary reports; general news and updates of area churches; announcements of local missions and evangelism activities including Vacation Bible Schools, summer missions programs, and revivals; local pulpit supply information; and announcements of upcoming denominational conferences and events. Some issues included a directory of area churches. The publication is any word searchable.