The Bulletin Seminary Extension Department was a monthly newsletter-style publication published out of Jackson, Mississippi, during the early years of the Seminary Extension Department of the Southern Baptist Convention. The publication documented the early work and activities of the Seminary Extension Department. It usually featured general news and happenings of Seminary Extension, information on new courses/course descriptions and often a “Meet the Professors” section, notes and news from newly formed Seminary Extension centers, director’s report, editorials, book recommendations, book reviews, and brief statistical information on the number of correspondence and extension center students. Issues from July, 1952 to September, 1957 were normally 2-page mimeographed publications. By October, 1957, circulation had reached 7,000 and the Bulletin transitioned to a 4-page print format, which allowed for expanded articles and photographs. R. Lee Gallman, the first director of Seminary Extension, served as editor from the Bulletin’s beginning until November, 1960, when resigned to accept a position with Howard College (now Samford University). The Seminary Extension Department of the Southern Baptist Convention was created in December, 1950, to offer training to preachers and other church leaders unable to attend an educational institution. In June, 1951, offices were opened in the Mississippi Baptist Convention building in Jackson, Mississippi. At first only correspondence work was projected. By March, 1956, 106 extension centers enrolling 3,358 students had been established across 16 states. In July, 1963, the department’s office was moved from Jackson, Mississippi, to Nashville, Tennessee, to the Southern Baptist Convention building.